Let’s face it—if you’re like most women, you do not want to be told that you look “like a mom.”
But as my friend recently pointed out, no one wants to be told,"You look really cool, for a mom!”
And the only thing more embarrassing than looking “like a mom” is being a mom who tries super hard to be a cool mom.We all love to laugh at Amy Poehler in Mean Girls, but no one wants to be the tracksuit wearing try hard!
The truth is mom style exists for a reason. When you become a mom, comfort and ease become top priorities.You need clothes that are easy-to-clean and movement-friendly.And sometimes, when you’re overwhelmed by our daily obligations, you might feel like looking good and feeling good can’t go hand in hand.But guess what? That’s a myth!Being a mom doesn’t have to mean giving up your style. Hereare five reasons it’s time to redefine “mom style,” for good!
1. Your “uniform” is a reflection of you, and YOU are so much more than your role as a mother!In her piece for Jezebel, Jessica explains, “I never thought I was supposed to give up or change who I was when I became a mother.After I had my kid, my “style” was a source of comfort.”
Jessica kept wearing clothes that suited her tastes and so can you!Selecting clothing that speaks to your personal taste is a way of reconnecting with yourself. And when you’re a mom, doing a little something extra for you is so important.
If you love the look of an edgy leather jacket, you can throw on the Clara Sunwoo liquid vegan leather jacket and know that it won’t restrict your movements.You’ll look fabulous and feel as comfortable as you do in your favorite workout gear!
2. You can ditch “dry clean only” without ditching your styleIt’s understandable that mom’s would avoid too many dry clean only pieces. Going to the dry cleaner is costly and time-consuming.But that doesn’t mean you can’t look totally elegant andfabulous.One of the things I love about Clara Sunwoo clothing is the easy care fabric. All of our pieces are machine-washable and quick-to-dry, so you know you’ll never have to worry about astain.If you want to wear something elegant but easy-to-care for, try the super flattering
3. Dressing Like a Housewife is so 1950 (and Dressing in Mom Jeans is so 1990)Figuring out your unique mom style is all about ditching other people’s expectations andstepping into the now. “Mom style” used to mean dressing up to look like a picture perfect housewife, and then it became downright frumpy.Real moms know that it’s no fun to be held to unrealistic standards and wear stiffunforgiving clothing. But they also know that boring, boxy clothing doesn’t do them justice. That’s why Clara Sunwoo clothing is perfect for a modern take on “mom style.” All of our pieces are cut with clean, modern lines that follow your body’s natural curves.
4. Comfortable doesn’t have to be boringBasics are essential to every happy mom’s wardrobe, but being comfortable doesn’t have to mean dressing in boring neutrals every day.Moms can be as playful, fun and unique as anyone else. Mixing your wardrobe up with a splashy print can be totally revitalizing.
Like this wIde leg pocket pant in boho weave print. It’s super soft, so comfortable, and the print is sassy and youthful, but it won’t make you look like you’re trying to be something you’re not.
5. Daring to dress differently feels AMAZINGNothing feels as good as giving yourself permission to do what you really want to do. And that extends to the clothing you wear. When you step out of the box an put on things that make you feel energized and vibrant, you won’t want to look back.Moms are the people who give us life, who nurture us and encourage us to take risks, both big and small. So shouldn’t mom style reflect that same incredible spirit?Mom style shouldn’t be something that limits you, it should be something that empowers you to do exactly what you want to do.
Being a mom doesn’t have to mean giving up your style. Looking good and feeling good absolutely can go hand in hand.